When is the last time you saw a play? Here’s your chance to do it on a pocket-friendly budget. Local Catholic elementary and high school students are in their final hours, days and weeks of rehearsal for plays that appeal to audiences of all ages. Check them out. Tickets start at $5 for students and $7 for adults.
- A Few Good Men (and women) — Nov. 3 and Nov. 7-8, 10 at Brophy Theatre. Tickets: $7 and seats can be held at will call. (602) 264-5291 ext. 9285. Info.
- You Can’t Take it With You — Nov. 2-4 and Nov. 8-11 at Bourgade Catholic High School. Tickets: $7 adults, $5 students and seniors. Flyer.
Here’s what a Rochester, N.Y. theater which staged the comedy last month had to say about it:
A screwball comedy that pits the eccentric Sycamore family – prone to spontaneous eruptions of music, dance, poetry and fireworks – against the buttoned-up bigwigs of Wall Street and the IRS. When Alice Sycamore agrees to marry the son of ultra-conservative parents, will true love win out? A Pulitzer Prize-winning Broadway classic the whole family will enjoy!
- Romeo and Juliet — Nov. 8-10 at St. Mary’s High School. No further ticket info available. General school contact info or email Dr. Lacey, play director: email@example.com.
- Seussical The Musical — Nov. 15-18 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Scottsdale. Tickets: $10 general, $20 reserved. Flyer and order form.
- Aladdin Jr. — Nov. 29 at Christ the King in Mesa. Tickets: $7 adults, $5 students and kids 12 and under. Flyer and order form.