Did you know . . . 700 blood donors are needed every day to meet the needs of patients in the 58 Arizona hospitals depending upon United Blood Services? In emergency situations, it’s the blood on the shelves that saves lives. Your donation could save a family member, a friend or a neighbor. Donors of all blood types are needed, especially O-negative, the universal blood that can be substituted for all other types in emergencies.
To make an appointment to donate blood, call 1-877-UBS-HERO (1-877-827-4376) toll free or search by zip code online. Find the Hero in You. Give blood three times a year including during and after Masstimes at the following dates/parishes:
- April 20 — Immaculate Conception in Cottonwood (map).
- April 21 — St. Thomas Aquinas in Avondale (map), Holy Cross in Mesa (map), St. Charles Borromeo in Peoria (map) and Ascension in Fountain Hills (map)
- April 25 — Espiritu Schools and Notre Dame Preparatory (map)
- April 28 — St. Thomas More in Glendale (map)
- April 30 — Bourgade Catholic High School (map)