The U.S. is nearing another anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion. Life Teen and EWTN offers reflections and discussions about the topic from a Catholic viewpoint. Air times listed are Mountain Standard Time as a courtesy for our Arizona audience.
- The Choice I Made (a man’s point of view) — Jeff Bradford, vice president of Online for Life, offers this reflection as a guest blogger for Life Teen. Read it.
- Teenage Mothers: Portraits of Courage — Catch part two of this “It’s a Miracle Series” with Barbara McGuigan. In a quick 30-minute span, you’ll meet a teenager who found herself pregnant and chose life as well as an interview with a woman on adoption.
Airs 4 p.m. Jan. 17 on EWTN and online.
- Central America and Mexico: Fighting for life, faith and family — From Human Life International’s True Story Project, meet families, pro-life leaders and politicians who recognize that the fight for life is also a fight for the soul of Catholic nations.
Airs midnight Jan. 19 and 3 p.m. Jan. 25 on EWTN and online.
- The Catholic Conversation with a former abortionist — Phoenix’s Steve and Becky Greene (better known as #theCradleandtheConvert) speak with Dr. John Bruchalski of Divine Mercy Care/Tepeyac Family Center. Dr. John is a former abortionist who experienced a profound conversion through the intercession of Our Lady. He has since done everything he can to provide whole-woman care and support.
Airs Jan. 21 at 11 a.m. on Immaculate Heart Radio 1310AM in the Phoenix area (or via live stream)
- Hard Questions: Tough Answers — More from Barbara McGuigan’s “It’s a Miracle Series.” In a question and answer session, Barbara touches on the subjects of birth control, STDs, the link between breast cancer and abortion, disordered sexuality, chastity and homosexuality.
Airs 4 p.m. Jan. 21 on EWTN and online.
- Closing Mass of the National Prayer Vigil for Life — A live broadcast of this eucharistic liturgy from Washington’s Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
Airs 5:30-7 a.m. Jan. 22 on EWTN and online.
- March for Life — Live and complete coverage of the largest pro-life event of the year: the 2014 March for Life in Washington.
Airs 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Jan. 22 n EWTN and online.
- Young woman reflects on fleeing Planned Parenthood to give twins chance at life — Arizona’s East Valley Pro-life Alliance rightfully shares this story of a life (or two or three depending on how you count) saved outside of a Tempe Planned Parenthood. Read article.
If you’re an Arizona youth (12-18 years old), prayerfully consider entering the Pro-Life Youth Contest hosted by Arizona Right to Life. They’re looking for a powerful logo, website, film or song that will speak to your peers about how abortion has affected your generation. Your work should be guided by the theme of “Respect, Love, Protect.” Attend a pro-life event — in-person if you can or via a web feed or social media feed — to get some ideas and testimonies and then start creating. Deadline is Jan. 31. Entry form and details.