Looking for a way to honor your mother or motherhood this Mother’s Day? You have options:
- Honor Your Mother campaign — Support the annual Mother’s Day card effort benefiting Maggie’s Place. Organization reps will be at eight parishes this weekend selling three card designs in English and one in Spanish.
Parishes include: Corpus Christi in Ahwatukee, Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale, Ss. Simon and Jude Cathedral in Phoenix, the All Saints Catholic Newman Center at ASU in Tempe, St. Mary Magdalene in Gilbert, Holy Cross in Mesa and St. Thomas the Apostle parishes.
- Support motherhood — Arizona Right to Life trains and sends out young activists to high school and college campuses across Arizona to help students understand life in the womb. Read this AZRTL letter to see what kind of difference they’re making.
If you feel inspired to donate, suggested increments start at $10.
Don’t forget to hear this message from Jason Walsh, executive director or Arizona Right to Life:
- May crowning with the Poor Clare Sisters — following 10 a.m. Mass May 11 at Our Lady of Solitude Monastery in Tonopah.
The Poor Clare Sisters of Perpetual Adoration invite all children under 15 to bring a flower for Our Lady. After Mass, the children will process up to the statue of Mary with their flowers. Our Lady will then be crowned. Girls under 15 are invited to strew rose petals in the procession.
Email us at email@example.com for info and good directions.
- Dine at The Refuge — This social enterprise of Catholic Charities Community Services is a coffee shop by day and wine bar by night whose food, beverage and gallery purchases benefit Catholic Charities’ refugees. See menu.Mother’s Day specials (May 11): Cheddar Drop Biscuits and Sausage Gravy for $7 and Belgium Waffles for $6.50. Bring Mom in for breakfast, lunch or wine in the evening and she’ll receive a $5 gift card, good for her next trip to The Refuge (map).
- Spring Tea — 2 p.m. May 3 at St. Maria Goretti Parish in Scottsdale (map)
The annual event invites women to bring a significant woman, child or niece in their lives for an afternoon tea while dressed in a colorful spring outfit (hat is optional). Includes a craft and treats.
Info/RSVP: call Kathy (602) 705-9643. Event flyer.