In a beautiful foreign language, Fr. Bruno Cadoré, OP, shares a message for the Opening of the Jubilee year. The official program begins today and runs throughout 2016 and even spills slightly into 2017.
The Diocese of Phoenix had a longstanding history of Dominican priests at the All Saints Newman Center in Tempe. Today, you’ll find Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist teaching in our Catholic schools.
- Feel free to track #op800 on your favorite social media thread during that time and follow the multilingual OP800 Facebook page.
- Some photos from the opening Mass
- Check out this commissioned jubilee painting. Saints numbered 6, 11, 13, 23, 24 have particular meaning for those in the Diocese of Phoenix.
- The bells from Holy Cross Leicester in England
- Press Day
- Fast facts about the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, who teach in the Diocese of Phoenix
- Meet Dominican Sister Maria Silva, a recent Year of Consecrated Life feature
- Re-discover other Dominican stories on our website
God, Father of Mercy, who called your servant St Dominic 800 years ago to found the Order of Preachers in the service of your Gospel, renew within the Church as we celebrate this Jubilee the Spirit of the Risen Christ, that we might faithfully and joyfully walk with St. Dominic as pilgrims and preachers of grace. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.