Pray for the #PhxPilgrims
- Bourgade Catholic High School
- Holy Trinity Newman Center in Flagstaff
- Our God Spot Valleywide young adult ministry
- St. Andrew the Apostle in Chandler
- St. Anne Parish in Gilbert
- Multi-parish group coordinated through St. Luke (and its Polish pastor!)
- Multi-parish group headed by a layperson
- Young adults from St. Timothy Parish in Mesa
- Xavier College Preparatory
- They might be part of a group above, but there are also pilgrims from Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Scottsdale, St. Gregory, St. Thomas the Apostle and from the Neocatechumenal Way at Blessed Sacrament in Tolleson
- a 2015 alumna from Notre Dame Preparatory in Scottsdale will finish a service immersion in Poland and then join the thousands of pilgrims
The countdown til World Youth Day 2016 is officially on. xt3.com, a social media platform out of the Archdiocese of Sydney in Australia, will unlock one screen each day to help teenaged and young adult pilgrims prepare their hearts and minds.
The Diocese of Phoenix, which is sending at least 10 groups of pilgrims, have spent many months preparing for their pilgrimage. There has been fundraisers galore, including a multi-parish benefit concert in December, and teaching nights. At least 14 parishes will reportedly be represented in Poland.
Pilgrims from St. Andrew the Apostle in Chandler wrapped up a City of Saints four-part series May 31. They spent one night each week becoming more familiar with the patron saints of World Youth Day.
Here are some other resources for pilgrims:
- U.S. bishops to pilgrims: How you can be like the apostles
- Pray as you go: Join the 12-week reflection leading up to World Youth Day. The audio version is available in four languages.
- Mass of Blessing: Join pilgrims from throughout the Diocese of Phoenix for a sending off Mass July 12 at St. Andrew the Apostle in Chandler
- See where people are praying for pilgrims
- Krakow2016 official site
- Be sure to bring some U.S. or Arizona merchandise to trade. Here’s what the Australian pilgrims will give you in return.
Many local pilgrim groups will also go to Auschwitz, Rome or the Holy Land.