- Dinner and dance in Ahwatukee — 6:30 p.m. Feb. 15 at St. John Bosco in Ahwatukee. Italian dinner, raffle and door prizes. Details.
- Dinner and dance in Glendale — 7 p.m. Feb. 16 at St. Louis the King (map). $30 per couple. If you need childcare, it’s $5 per child which includes movie and a pizza. Call parish: (623) 930-1127.
- Date Night — 5 pm. Mass followed by dinner at St. Andrew the Apostle in Chandler (map). Mass includes a couples blessing. Homemade pizza on the “Barb”-b-que, Lenten reflection for married couples and social time. Email reservations and childcare needs to Davida, email@example.com.
Catholic Devils Week — Feb. 16-17 at ASU’s All Saints Newman Center in Tempe. Details on full week. Facebook events page.
Men’s Overnight Retreat — Feb. 15-16 at the Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale (map). If you missed the diocesan men’s conference or left thirsting for more, check out this retreat. “Consider our spirituality’s role in life and how deepening it affects our perspective, presence and peace.” Fee includes meals. Lodging is optional. Details.
Young adult traveling Mass — 9:30 a.m. Feb. 17 at St. Vincent de Paul Parish (map). Sit with young adults from OurGodSpot, a local young adult ministry in the diocese.
Pro-life walk — 9 a.m.-noon Feb. 16 at St. Andrew the Apostle in Chandler (map). Starts with breakfast and prayer followed by walk at 10 a.m. Details: (480) 899-1990 ext. 107.
Vatican II: 50 Years Later — 1-6 p.m. Feb. 16 at Diocesan Pastoral Center (map). First of a four-part series with Dr. Tim Herrman, but can be attended individually. Offered by Ave Maria University’s Institute for Pastoral Theology. Cost is $220 for all four lectures. Details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or maybe show up.
Rite of Election — 3:30 p.m. Feb. 16 at Ss. Simon and Jude Cathedral (map). Adults seeking the sacrament of baptism at the Easter Vigil have signed their name in a book for a parish representative to formally present to the bishop as their public expression to receive the sacrament.
Gandhi and Jesus — 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Feb. 16 at the Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale (map). What we can learn from the gospels about peacemaking. What we can learn from Gandhi’s writings about Jesus. Register or call (480) 948-7460 ext. 151.
- Late Nite Catechism I and III — Part I 2 p.m. most Saturdays and Part III 7 p.m. most Saturdays at 7 p.m. Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets: $39. Details.
- ‘Rags’ the musical — Feb. 15-16 at Seton Catholic Preparatory High School in Chandler (map). Tells the story of a naïve Russian immigrant, who just arrived in the U.S. with her young son and they struggle to make a life for themselves, re-unite with her husband and preserve their culture. More on plot from Stage Agent. Tickets $10 adults and $5 students. Details.
- Les Miserables, School edition —7 p.m. Feb. 16 at Notre Dame Catholic Preparatory in Scottsdale (map). Tickets: $10 students, $15 adults and $15 at door. Feb. 15 appears to be an added performance. Details: (480) 634-8200.