An anonymous St. Gabriel parishioner is being dubbed an “angel” for her offer to help fund the future of Annunciation Catholic School.
The church and school have shared a Cave Creek campus since 2009. The “angel” is offering a matching grant opportunity up to $150,000 each of the next two school years for all fundraising and donations. Monies will support Annunciation’s operating expenses, which has steadily increased since its inception.
Annunciation opened with a first- and second-grade class and has added one classroom each year. It added a kindergarten last year and will become a full k-8 campus next year.
Families and donors understand the need to offer Catholic education in an area that’s lacking. Annunciation is the only Catholic school north of Loop 101 and serves students from Anthem, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Cave Creek. Faithful support of the school’s annual appeal boosts the operating budget, funds that other schools often receive alumni assistance.
Annunciation Catholic school and giving
- For birthday girls, it’s better to give than receive
- Trip to grocery store earns Catholic school top dollar[/quote_box_right]The matching fund challenges current school families to spread the good news about their school and the benefits of a Catholic education. Then their efforts and dollars will team up with corporate sponsorships, donations, grants or cash support for its yearly events to help Annunciation Catholic School realize the full match. The next event is a Casino Night and Silent Auction Nov. 8.
To join the school in prayer for ongoing needs:
- School Family Mass, 8:30 a.m. Sept. 21 at St. Gabriel (map)
- Community prayer, the last Tuesday of each month at 8:05 a.m. outside the school
- Rosary, the first Monday of each month at 2:25 p.m.
To make a donation or for more information, contact Amy Jo at (480) 361-8234 or email email@example.com.