It’s getting to be that time of year again… that 12-14-week period in the fall when special events and routine ministry outreach abound across the Diocese of Phoenix as the new catechetical year kicks into high gear.
This year, you have the unique opportunity to interact with someone from the diocesan Office of Communications three weekends in a row:
- noon-3 p.m. Sept. 12 at the Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale — Longtime contributor Joyce Coronel speaks on overcoming indifference by growing in compassion and growing closer to Christ. The workshop focuses on becoming vessels of healing to those around us in need. Info.
- noon-3:30 p.m. Sept. 19 at the Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale — Longtime columnist Chris Benguhe presents a “Glass Half Full” workshop. Info.
- Sept. 25-27 at the Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale — Michael Dixon, host of “The Bishop’s Hour” on Immaculate Heart Radio, co-presents a “Celebrating Pope Francis” retreat, which aligns with the pope’s first visit to the U.S. Presenters will explore the Holy Father’s plan for shepherding the Catholic Church and his joy and inclusiveness in presenting the gospel message to all. Info
Beyond that, get ready to possibly find us in a few places in the coming weeks as we continue to bring you the latest in local church news:
- Cultural Diversity Mass — Oct. 3 at Resurrection Parish in Tempe
- Arizona Rosary Celebration — Oct. 25 at Phoenix Convention Center
- Vocations Celebration — Nov. 1 at Blessed Sacrament Parish in Scottsdale in English and at St. Vincent de Paul Parish in Spanish in honor of National Vocations Awareness Week and the Year of Consecrated Life.
- Night of Hope — Nov. 7 at Xavier College Preparatory
- Red, White and Blue Mass — Nov. 8 at St. Thomas Aquinas Parish in Avondale in honor of veterans and active duty military
- Honor Your Mother — Dec. 5 at Immaculate Heart of Mary and Diocesan Pastoral Center
Be sure to let us know if there is another newsworthy event we should be sharing with the larger diocese. Invite us. Tag us in your social media feeds. You’ll find us here: