In honor of Cyber Monday — what you failed to buy Black Friday, you’re now scouring the web for deals — I thought I’d share some online finds that spread and support the Catholic faith.
- Catholic Deals Online — A fellow Catholic blogger scours the web year-round for deals. For today, there’s a child-friendly Nativity set at 40 percent off and a steep discount on a Noah’s Ark rocking chair. This Virgina mom will likely continue to add other finds throughout Advent.
- Tea and candy — Today only, free bag of candy with every tea order, according to a Tweet by Catholici-Tea LLC. Other items appear to be on sale too.
- Autom Religious Supply — Find three screens worth of discounts on Nativity sets and ornaments plus other gift items suitable for teacher gifts, class gifts and more. As a bonus, I noticed on a return visit to the site’s homepage, that Autom will match your donation of $30 to Efforts to Educate the Needy Children of Uganda, a parish-based nonprofit started by Fr. Robert at St. James Parish in Glendale.
- Life Teen — Sale good through Tuesday. Despite its name, many items are suitable for Catholics of other age ranges. Find apparel, music, resources (including digital), curriculum and fun stuff like prayer cards, an iPhone case, rosary, journal and ice breaker game. Don’t forget sale items. Favorite find: Holy Smoke and “O Little Town” T-Shirts (and they’re on sale).
- Aquinas & More Catholic Goods — 25 percent to 75 percent off items such as books, holy cards, saint medals, coffee, Advent calendars, year-long calendars and missal for the 2013 liturgical year.
- St. Anne’s Helper — Audiobooks and e-books are 50 percent off (although even the full prices don’t seem too harsh). Choose from sacrament preparation, “Children of the Kingdom,” coloring pages and more.
- Advertise in print or online for 50 percent off — If you’re a first-time advertiser, St. Anthony Messenger and Sojourners magazines, which is dedicated to faith in action for social justice, is offering half off its advertising today. Call Patrick Shanley at (312) 919-1306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Catholic sales that extend beyond today:
- Music from SpiritandSong.com — Sale good through Dec. 12 to ensure online delivery. One-fourth of the purchase price of the 16-track Christmas Child album supports Mercy Corps‘ relief efforts around the world.
- Catholic Answers gift catalog — Sale good through Dec. 31. Download the 50-page catalog for quick ideas then order online.
- Nuns Gift Shop — Funds provide for the needs of Reverend Mother Mary Angelica and the Poor Clare Nuns of Perpetual Adoration. Find traditional stuff (medals, rosaries, books, DVDs) plus other gift items like license plates and frames, mugs, lace wall hangings and Mystic Monk coffee. Don’t forget sale items. Favorite find: Christmas Bambino Nativity card and Shrine puzzle.
- Desert Nuns store — Avid Catholic Sun readers can probably already gather the beneficiary: the “desert nuns,” or more properly, the Poor Clare Sisters of Perpetual Adoration. Proceeds will help build the monastery in Tonopah. Select from clothing, note cards, calendar, tote bag or mousepad. Favorite find: custom-made T-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies and women’s tees with your choice of nine quotes and your choice of garment color. And their blanket has done a superb job of covering me every night since March.
- Totally Catholic — The vast selection you’d expect at pretty good prices. Search traditional categories plus kids and baby, saint coins, from the Holy Land, home and garden, Christmas, new arrivals, prayer pillows and more. Don’t forget clearance and buy one get one free items.
- St. Luke Productions — Books, CDs, DVDs, holy cards, medals and icons. Heavy emphasis on pope, St. John Vianney and St. Therese. Also items on St. Philomena and St. John of the Cross. Downloadable audio also available. Favorite find: (the out of stock) Nativity icon.
- Parish Pride — If you happen to be a fan of St. Joan of Arc, or belong to one of her parishes worldwide, then this site is for you. A portion of proceeds supports St. Joan of Arc Parish in Phoenix. Note: products mention only St. Joan of Arc the person, not a parish or city affiliation, so they’re versatile gifts. Find clothing of all sorts (some with your choice of color), flip-flops, mugs, and sports bag.