In honor of Father’s Day, here are some fatherly things/links to keep at your fingertips.
- Virtual Father’s Day retreat — from BustedHalo.com. By the way, Moms, it’s not too late for yours!
- Pure Fatherhood — Drawing on the examples of St. Joseph, Devin Schadt shows Dads how to become a father on earth like the Father in heaven. The author is a husband, a father of five, and co-founder of Fathers of St. Joseph, an apostolate dedicated to the renewal of authentic fatherhood. Related books.
A product of Lighthouse Catholic Media. Available in CD/mp3 format
- Men’s Summer Retreat — “Get out of the Boat and Discover What God wants you to do.” July 15-17 at the Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale. Retreat info. Open to men who are single or married. Register online or by phone. Phone registrations may offer group rate.
- Eat at The Refuge Café — Enjoy breakfast or brunch. All Dads will receive a free $5 gift card good for his next visit. Info.
- Fathers for Good — an initiative for men of the Knights of Columbus
- Translating parenting skills to the workplace — Written by a Catholic dad in the Diocese of Phoenix for Forbes.com
- Father Knows best… about working right — the latest from Catholic Sun columnist
- Letter from a Single Dad — He says you’re not alone on Father’s Day or any other day. Article from Catholic Link
- Into the Breach — apostolic exhortation for Catholic men. Related “Men in the Breach” series profiling men who are stepping in and stepping up to do something right.
- Be a Man! — Series of articles from Catholic Link exploring whether society has broken true masculinity
- Reflection from a Franciscan Father to all fathers
- Nunca voy a econtrar un regalo tan grande como el que él me hizo a mí — Dos videos y un artículo en español de Catholic Link