Faith In Action Ministry
“The Engaging Spirituality materials are rich, and the conversations with my classmates have been deep and meaningful. It has strengthened my prayer life and changed the way I see my relationship with God, others and the world.” ~ Scott B., Participant
– Online/virtual Program. Wednesdays, September 13 – November 1, 3 – 5 pm.
-Tuesday, Sep 12, 4:00pm through Wednesday, Sep 13, 10:00am
For participants who have registered for the Engaging Spirituality: Bearing Witness program. Fee is $120 per person. Pre-registration required. Includes dinner on Tuesday and breakfast on Wednesday.
Single Full price $120.00 Sign Up By Monday, Sep 11 at 4:00pm
– Two in-person on-campus days, 9 am-4 pm: Opening Reflection Day on Wednesday, September 13; Immersion Day on Saturday, October 14
– Pre-registration is required. Fee is $60 – information is below. Registration closes at Noon, Thursday, August 31.
Consider Engaging Spirituality as a time to reconnect. Perhaps you are…
• longing to live an undivided life,
• ready to pattern your life around prayer and outreach,
• curious about how to be more present, aware, and awake,
• open to reconciliation, healing, and growth,
• seeking rest for your soul.
The most important requirement is a longing for a deeper and wider appreciation for life.
Engaging Spirituality (ES) is a small group process that invites you to draw our broken and beautiful world into reflection and hold it in prayer. It is about slowing down, listening, breathing, caring, and connecting deeply. To live an undivided life, we do not “turn away” from the struggles and suffering in the world, but instead create a safe space to bear witness to them. How do we fully hear, lovingly support, and deeply recognize the spiritual journeys of ourselves and others? We practice living deeply/contemplatively as well as loving broadly/compassionately.
The program registration fee is $60 and includes classes, digital materials, and a Reflection Day and an Immersion Day. Scholarships are available. Email email@example.com to inquire about a scholarship. Books required for the course has a fee of $50 for all three, which is paid separately. An FRC overnight room is optional on Tuesday night, September 12 (and includes an additional fee of $120). Please note: Books for the course will be available for purchase at the first meeting on September 13. All details are found below and on the informational flyer found on the FIA LinkTree (online bulletin board of programs and outreach) www.linktree.com/socialconcerns.
“Engaging Spirituality Bearing Witness” (from JustFaith Ministries) is offered at the FRC as a late Summer/early Fall virtual course, with two in-person on-campus gatherings held from 9 am to 4 pm. Bearing Witness is a 9-week commitment and begins on Wednesday, September 13 with the Opening Reflection Day (Wednesday, September 13). After the Opening Reflection on-campus day, ES gathers weekly on Zoom (Sept 20, 27, Oct 4, 11, 18, 25, Nov. 1). There will be an in-person on-campus/hybrid Immersion Day on Saturday, October 14.
A group of 9 to 16 people accompany one another through the course materials. The weekly sessions are co-facilitated and involve some preparation in advance of the session. Sessions include group contemplative prayer, journaling, Lectio Divina, active listening, spiritual exercises, relationship building through paired or group sharing around questions of faith, spirituality and personal growth, and personal letters from contemporary spiritual pathfinders. Participants have preparation between each session.
1. Scholarships are available. Please note, we do not want cost to prevent you from participating. Request a FIA scholarship form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When you complete the form, you indicate what amount you can pay toward your participation and submit the form for approval. You will then be notified of the next steps. If you would like to have a conversation about the scholarship, please contact email@example.com.
2. Optional Overnight Room opportunity- $120. Once registered participants will be sent an email with an invitation to spend a night of retreat and reflection at the Casa/FRC on Tuesday night, September 12, starting at 4:30 pm check-in (prior to the Opening Reflection Day on September 13). You must register in advance for the discounted room. Enjoy a night on the FRC property, starting with dinner; avoid rush hour traffic the morning of September 13. The discount rate is $120 (overnight, dinner at 6 pm and breakfast at 8 am).
3. BOOKS. Books are purchased separately and will be available to buy on September 13 at the in-person Opening Reflection Day. The fee for all three books is $50. Please note: couples who participate in ES each pay the $60 registration fee. And they can adjust the book costs based on if they plan to share the books. Every participant is required to have their own Engaging Spirituality journal.
4. Immersion Day (Saturday, October 14) details will be determined by the materials, and the facilitators and participants.
In addition to the Zoom link and Opening Reflection Day information, more explanation regarding the purchase of the books will be sent to registered participants prior to the start of the session (in early September).
Full price $60.00
Sign Up By Thursday, Aug 31 at 7:00pm