Pope Francis is praying all month for a respect for women, “that all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.”
Take a look at some recent articles on our website and other Catholic sites about the role of women in the church and society:
- Women’s and men’s conferences in the Diocese of Phoenix
- Pope says women’s love makes them privileged witnesses of Christ
- Magazine meant to lift women up set for May debut. Browse the magazine, subscribe to its daily newsletter and check out its social media feeds.
- Ministry for mothers celebrates 20 years of prayerfully serving women
- Pope Francis on women’s voice in the church
- Vatican newspaper focuses on women via glossy new insert
- Congolese nun wins UN prize for work with internally displaced women
- Major grant to pursue global coverage of women religious
- Stories of (female) strength and courage from Catholic Relief Services
Another point of pride for local Catholic women: today marks the anniversary of Mother Frances Cabrini’s first miracle. The Diocese of Phoenix has a 40-some-yer-old parish named in her honor in Camp Verde.
Mother Cabrini’s first miracle is a story CatholicHistory.net taught me earlier this week via the Son Rise Morning Show on Immaculate Heart Radio 1310AM. In wanting to read more, I found this article from Salem Catholic worth sharing. It’s about the brother of the “miracle baby,” the beneficiary of the first miracle attributed to St. Frances Cabrini.
Not in the reading mood? Fr. James reflects on Pope Francis’ universal prayer intention for March 2014.