- Catholic Answers Live with Bishop Olmsted — 5 p.m. Sept. 13 on 1310AM and at catholic.com. Bishop Olmsted will be answering questions about the importance of holy marriages. Archived shows available online.
- Blessed 2 Play with local retired MLB player — 12:30 p.m. Sept. 13 on 1310AM and at Blessed2Play.com. Host Ron Myer talks with four-time all-star catcher and Mesa Catholic Terry Kennedy. Archived shows available online.
- Catechetical Sunday — Sept. 15 at parishes nationwide. Pastors may be blessing and commissioning religious education directors and instructors during or after Masses this weekend. More from the U.S. bishops.
- 60th anniversary Mass — 10 a.m. Sept. 15 at Most Holy Trinity. The school was established in 1953 on the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. Join students and alumni for Mass and a reception with a birthday cake afterward. Map.
- Installation Mass — Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted will formally install two priests as pastor of their newly assigned parish. Masses are:
5:30 p.m. Sept. 14 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Scottsdale (map) to install Fr. Greg Schlarb
9:30 a.m. Sept. 15 at St. Paul Parish (map) to install Fr. Dindo Cuario.
- Unity Mass — 1:00 p.m. Sept. 15 at St. Pius X Church, 809 S. 7th Ave. in Phoenix. Sponsored by the diocesan Office of Black Catholic Ministry and held the third Sunday of each month. Info.
- Candidacy Mass — 5:30 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Diocesan Pastoral Center. Six men will officially be accepted as candidates for the diaconate and will continue formation for, God-willing, a 2016 ordination.
- Anointing Mass — 11 a.m. Sept. 14 at St. Benedict Parish in Ahwatukee (map). Anyone in need of physical, emotional and spiritual healing can receive the sacrament. Lunch follows.
- National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children — 11 a.m. Sept. 14 at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish in Tempe (map). This is in addition to solemn prayer services being held at gravc sites around the country including 10 a.m. at Queen of Heaven Catholic Cemetery and Mortuary in Mesa near the Holy Family Statue and at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery and Mortuary in Avondale near the Rachel Mourning Feature.
- Mausoleum dedication — 10 a.m. Sept. 14 at Holy Redeemer Cemetery. Info.
- D-Backs Faith & Family Night — 6:40 p.m. Sept. 13 at Chase Field. Groups from St. Andrew the Apostle Parish in Chandler, St. John Bosco School in Ahwatukee and Benedictine University at Mesa will be there.
- 9/11 Photo Exhibit — Sept. 13-noon Sept. 15 at Corpus Christi Parish in Ahwatukee (map). It honors military who have died from wounds suffered in a war zone, since September 11, 2001. The parish offered to host it, in part, in memory of Pfc. Mykel Miller who lost his life in a war-zone in Afghanistan. His family are parishioners. Info.
- Zoyo yogurt — til 11 p.m. Sept. 13 at Zoyo, 4923 E. Chandler Blvd. Mention St. John Bosco Catholic School today and every Friday in September and the school will receive 20 percent of your bill.
- Saturday Night Supper — 6-8 p.m. Sept. 14 at Ziegler Fiesta Bowl Museum, 7135 E. Camelback Rd. #190 in Scottsdale. Join the Welcome to America Project for a casual night out. Staff, volunteers and supporters will gather for a family-friendly potluck dinner. We will share our delicious food, socialize and accept donations for most needed, but rarely donated items. Raffle & kids’ activities will be enjoyed. Bring a favorite dish to share and a serving utensil. Water, iced tea, flatware, plates, cups & napkins will be provided. Info.