Sacred relics — various times April 12-14 at the parishes below. More than 150 on display. Related post.
- St. Anne in Gilbert (map)
- Maria Goretti in Scottsdale (map)
- Immaculate Conception in Cottonwood (map)
Break the Gosnell media blackout — noon-midnight EST on Twitter. Join the Tweetfest to get facts about Kermit Gosnell, an abortionist on trial for 7 counts of first degree murder of newborn babies born delivered during abortions out into the open because mainstream media is largely ignoring the case. Info.
Nicky’s Family — Find showtimes April 12-14 at Harkins Shea in Scottsdale (map). This film about an ordinary British stockbroker who rescued 669 Czech and Slovak children just before the outbreak of World War II was the featured centerpiece of “The Power of One” event honoring local volunteers earlier this year at the Chandler Center of the Arts. Nicholas Winton, the heroic stockbroker, kept his role to himself for more than 50 years until his wife found a suitcase in the attic documenting transport plans. The story of the rescue and his thousands of descendants around the world is documented in “Nicky’s Family.”
for Catholic women of the diocese — 9 a.m.-noon April 13 at Diocesan Pastoral Center (map). All Catholic women are invited to attend. Meeting will give a recap of last month’s diocesan women’s conference and begin planning for the June meeting which will honor local Women of the Year.
Under Construction (comedy theater) — 7 p.m. April 12-13 at Notre Dame Preparatory High School in Scottsdale (map). Student actors present two one-act comedies: “16 in Ten minutes or Less” and “The Least Offensive Play in the Whole Darn World.” Flyer.
- Car wash — After all Masses at All Saints in Mesa (map). Proceeds benefit youth ministry trip to Steubenville retreat this summer.
- Rummage Sale — 7 a.m.-2 p.m. April 13-14 at St. Andrew the Apostle in Chandler (map)
- Rummage Sale — (date not given) at St. Louis the King School in Glendale (map)
- Cow-A-Bunga Carnival — April 12-14 at Annunciation Catholic School on the campus of St. Gabriel the Archangel in Cave Creek (map). Ticket order form.
- Festival — noon-7 p.m. April 14 at Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Tempe (map)